- Welcome to Locally Grown
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Locally Grown’s Website.
Locally Grown is located at:
Het Begijnhof 2, Merriman Ave Merriman Ave, StellenboschWestern Cape – 7600, South Africa
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use Locally Grown’s website
if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice
and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website
and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers
to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client
or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake
the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings
of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect
of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law
of South Africa. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural,
capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.Cookies
to enable the functionality of this area and ease of use for those people visiting. Some of our
Unless otherwise stated, Locally Grown and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for
all material on Locally Grown. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print
pages from https://locallygrown.ga for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
Republish material from https://locallygrown.ga
Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://locallygrown.ga
Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://locallygrown.ga
Redistribute content from Locally Grown (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information,
material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. Locally Grown does not screen, edit, publish
or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or
opinions of Locally Grown, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the
person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Locally Grown shall
not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused
and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this
Locally Grown reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers
in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to
The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright,
patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material
or material which is an invasion of privacy
The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities
or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant to Locally Grown a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce,
edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same
manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls,
and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long
as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or
approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking
We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American
Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
dot.com community sites;
associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
online directory distributors;
accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect
unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations
representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed
to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from
the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of ; and (d) where the
link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content
in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as
the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval
of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website,
you must notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail
address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site,
and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
By use of our corporate name; or
By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the
context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Locally Grown’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or
use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular
link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also
reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing
to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact
us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond
directly to you.
Whilst we endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness
or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the
website is kept up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify
and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any
page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as
libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or
other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a)
are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or
in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort
(including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge,
we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
VENDOR, FARMER, SELLER ARE TERMS USED INTERCHANGEABLY WITH THE TERM VENDOR
How it will work?
- Vendors submit an online registration form summarizing their basic information.
- We at Locally Grown review the application to ensure it is in line with our operating standards. A successful application grants the vendor access to their own vendor dashboard from which he/she manages all aspects of their new online store.
- After uploading a couple of pictures and any other relevant information products can easily be created and published as for sale.
- All shipping is handled by the vendor and can be configured in minutes from the vendor dashboard.
- Payment by the customer is handled by PayFasts secure online gateway into the Locally Grown bank account. Locally Grown withholds 5% commission on the value of all products sold on this platform. However, we do not withhold any commission on shipping charges.
- All shipping, taxes (VAT) and the balance of the payment (95%) for the products sold is transferred to the vendor on the 10th of each month.
All vendors participating in Locally Grown must:
- Agree to follow all rules and regulations as outlined below and abide by the mission of the market.
- Be transparent in online correspondence regarding their growing methods and use of chemicals, Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs), etc.
- Comply with applicable local and provincial laws and licensing/permitting requirements.
- Submit a complete and accurate online vendor registration form
- Ensure all products sold are grown/produced within 100 kilometers of the market address.
Product Standards for Locally Grown
- No artificial chemical pesticides or herbicides used in the growing of the fresh produce.
- No virgin land must have been cleared in the production.
- Animal products must be from animals kept in free ranging pastures.
- There is zero tolerance for animal cruelty.
- All products sold at the market must be grown/produced within 100 kilometers of the vendors location as presented on vendor registration (as determined by Google Maps).
- Products sold by the vendor must be produced by the vendor.
- May only sell items purchased from third parties if significant modifications have been made by locally Grown vendor such that a new product is formed.
- No illegal items may be sold.
- No alcohol may be sold.
- All items sold on this platform must be packaged 100% plastic free! There is zero tolerance for plastic! Orders may be packaged in paper bags or cardboard boxes. Please see cornstarch packaging if you wish to use something that resembles plastic.
- Items purchased from third parties and used in the production of products sold on this platform must also meet the all above requirements except that the 100 km requirement is extended to be South African produced.
- All photos must be taken by the vendor or actually be of the vendors farm!
- VENDORS MAY NOT USE GENERIC/STOCK PHOTOS FROM GOOGLE ect.
- Farm Products: Fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, flowers, plants, eggs, meats, uncracked nuts, honey, maple syrup, cheese and other agricultural products.
- Value added Products: Jams, jellies, roasted coffee, cracked nuts, baked goods, and other edible goods (not grown by vendor) individually labeled and made for off site consumption.
- Artisan Crafts: Art, crafts, jewelry, homemade soaps, lotions, etc.
- The vendor registration form must be filled out online and is subject to approval by the Locally Grown Manager.
General Information, Rules and Regulations
Costs to Vendors
- Vendors will be paid 95% of all products sold through Locally Grown, meaning a 5% fee will be required for selling on the Locally Grown platform.
- Vendors will be paid 100% of all shipping costs collected through the Locally Grown platform.
- Vendors will display a page indicating the: farm name, logo, picture of people that are responsible for the farm’s products, description of the principal business of the farm, and clear photos and descriptions for each product posted.
- All photos must be taken by the vendor or actually be of the vendors farm!
- VENDORS MAY NOT USE GENERIC PHOTOS FROM GOOGLE ect.
- Any other displayed information must be directly related to the vendor’s farm/business.
- Product photos must be attractively displayed online
All products need to have proper descriptions which include:
- Common name of the food product
- List of ingredients (if there are more than two) given in descending order of predominance by weight
- Quantity specifications given in weight, volume, or pieces
Artisan Crafts guidelines
- Products/items must be crafted and significantly altered from their raw or original state to be considered.
- Items that are merely painted (not paintings) or re-purposed without significant alterations are not allowed to be sold at the market.
- Photographs, descriptions of materials and the creation process are very helpful in determining the eligibility of items.
Vendors must have conduct worthy of community and shall:
- Maintain their online products, photos, and descriptions with professionalism
- Be courteous to customers, other vendors, and market personnel.
- Vendors may not:
- Make disparaging comments about other individuals or the market.
- Vendors must comply with all provincial and national laws.
- Vendors assume full responsibility for their products
- Vendors agree to assume full responsibility and to hold Locally Grown harmless from any product claims brought against the vendor in regards to his/her products and/or services.
Rule Compliance and Grievance Procedure
- Any violation of rules and regulations may result in immediate termination from the market. Rules regarding safety and integrity of vendor products may result in immediate dismissal from the market.
- The Market Manager reserves the right to make decisions regarding vendors’ participation in and use of the online marketplace. The Market Managers reserves the right to terminate any vendor for any reason at their sole discretion and without recourse.
- Vendor grievances must be submitted via email to the Market Manager at email@example.com
LOCALLY GROWN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY GOODS LISTED FOR SALE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT GIVING NOTICE TO THE VENDOR.
VENDORS MAY ONLY SELL PRODUCTS WHICH THEY HAVE PRODUCED THEMSELVES.
THEY MAY NOT SELL THIRD PARTY GOODS.
ANY LIABILITY FOR VAT ON GOODS SOLD IS TO BE BORN BY THE VENDOR AS ALL TAX COLLECTED BY LOCALLY GROWN ON BEHALF OF THE VENDOR IS TRANSFERRED TO THE VENDOR.
LOCALLY GROWN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PERMANENTLY DISABLE THE ACCOUNT OF ANY VENDOR AT ANY TIME WITHOUT GIVING NOTICE TO THE VENDOR.
VENDOR CUSTOMER CONTRACT
CLIENT, CUSTOMER AND USER ARE TERM USED INTERCHANGEABLY FOR THE TERM CUSTOMER.
BY USING LOCALLY GROWN AND PURCHASING AND/OR SELLING GOODS ON LOCALLY GROWN THE CUSTOMER AND VENDOR IS ACCEPTING THE TERMS BELOW:
THE PURCHASE OF GOODS ON THE LOCALLY GROWN PLATFORM IS MERELY FACILITATED BY LOCALLY GROWN AND IS THEREFOR A DIRECT SALE FROM THE VENDOR TO THE CUSTOMER.
THE PURCHASE OF GOODS BY A CUSTOMER FROM A VENDOR ON LOCALLY GROWN SERVES AS A BINDING PURCHASE/SALE CONTRACT BETWEEN THE CUSTOMER AND THE VENDOR.
LOCALLY GROWN ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR GOODS NOT LIVING UP TO THE CUSTOMERS EXPECTATIONS. ALTHOUGH LOCALLY GROWN TAKES STEPS TO ENSURE ALL PRODUCTS SOLD ON THE LOCALLY GROWN PLATFORM ALL ACCURATELY AND COMPLETELY PORTRAYED LOCALLY GROWN TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITEMS RECEIVED BY THE CUSTOMER WHICH DO NOT MATCH THOSE ADVERTISED.